Imagine living a life without refrigerators. You would have to use things like iceboxes to keep your food supply cold. You would have to constantly worry about the ice melting and spoiling your food supply. A lot of people would have died of eating spoilt food and others would have developed food-borne ailments.
You would not be able to enjoy ice-creams!
Now that is a nightmare! Without keeping the food cold, it would just rot and make anyone who ate it, sick. Life would have been difficult without refrigerators. We should stop taking them for granted because they make life super convenient. There are several brands that produce the best refrigerators in India.
From double-door to mini, prices differ according to features and durability. Mini fridge price starts from 4 to 5 thousand whereas double door comes in lacs.
A good refrigerator is vital to lead a healthy life. The fundamental idea behind refrigeration is to slacken bacterial activity. It also helps in keeping the food cold. All foods carry bacteria. If they are left out in the open, bacterial activity quickens. To avoid this, we store the food in refrigerators. This helps in keeping food fresh for a longer period.
The optimum temperature range for the rapid growth of bacteria is from 4.4 degrees to 60 degrees. Bacteria multiple very quickly and may cause spoilage of food. Refrigerators avoid bacteria from getting the optimum temperature to multiply quickly and this prevents the food from rotting.
Acidic foods can be stored in refrigerators for 5-7 days. Foods with a lower acid content can be stored for 3-4 days.
- Foods with high acidic content: Citrus fruits, tomato-based products, pickles, foods containing vinegar, etc.
- Foods with low acidic content: meat, fish, poultry, potatoes, other veggies, etc.
Storing canned food has become very common these days. But, if you want flavorful food, it is advisable to take the food out of the can and store it in a glass or plastic bowl instead. Canned food cannot retain its flavor.
Refrigerators come in all sizes. If you have a big family, go for a refrigerator that is capable of storing huge amounts of food and if you have a small family, there are small, compact fridges available in the market, too.
It is better to invest in an affordable refrigerator if you have a small family. Refrigerators that are compact but smart would be the best choice for people with smaller families. Compact refrigerators don’t take up a lot of space and are easy to move. Small families don’t have a lot of food supplies to store so, it would be unwise for them to invest in a big fridge as mini fridge prices are quite reasonable. We’ve compiled a list of affordable refrigerators for small families, be sure to check:
- Haier 3 Star single door refrigerator (HR-62VS, 52L): Currently, the best refrigerator in India. It is a direct cool refrigerator. It has a capacity of 53 liters. It has a 2-star energy rating. It offers a warranty period of 1 year on the product, and 5 years on the compressor. It cools quickly. Has a big ice-making room. Stabilizer-free operation is offered. The shelf type is glass. And the door is on the right side of the refrigerator. The refrigerator is made of stainless steel.
- Godrej Qube personal cooling solution (TEC Qube 30L HS Q103, 30L): Being the second-best refrigerator in India, it provides a 30L capacity. No defrosting is required. A warranty period of 1 year is offered on the product. It offers an advanced solid-state tech for energy-efficient cooling. It effectively utilizes power. The shelf type is aluminum and the fridge provides maximum usable space. The maintenance and service are easy.
- Hisense 1 star single-door mini refrigerator (RR120D4ASB1, 93L): It offers direct cooling. Has a 93L capacity. Provides a warranty period of 1 year on the product and a warranty period of 10 years on the compressor. It also has a bottle bin that can accommodate 2L bottles. It has an energy rating of 1 star. It also has a fruit/vegetable box for systematic storage of fruits and vegetables. Offers adjustable temperature control.
- Midea single door mini refrigerator (MDRD86FGF31, 45L): Being the fourth best refrigerator in India, it has an array of functional features. Provides adjustable legs that aid in stabilizing the refrigerator at different heights. It works without a stabilizer. It has a spacious bottle rack and a recessed handle along with a reversible door. Has a capacity of 45L. Offers a fresh food storing capacity of 43L, the freezer capacity being 14L. Provides direct cooling.
We spend a substantial part of our income while buying home appliances. Furthermore, EMI allows paying fixed amounts of money at regular intervals. This way, a lump sum of money is not spent at once and it gives you some time to save more money.You may also like:
- Practical Tips and Strategies for Saving Money on Furniture Purchases
- 51 House Cleaning Shortcuts to Save Time and Effort
- 5 Signs of a Good Air Duct Cleaning
- Tenant’s Guide – 5 Things to Remember When You Move In
- 7 Simple Reasons Why You Need a Network Security Camera for Your Home
- Fire Safety Checklist for Home – A Comprehensive Guide
- Different Types of Indoor Fireplaces – A Guide to Cozy Home Heating
- Architecture Infographics – Visualizing the Stages of Work
- Safeguarding Your Home – Essential Tips for Home Security
- Clean as You Go – Maintaining Tidiness and Efficiency